These peanut butter bird nests are as tasty as they are adorable! They’re eggcellent for Easter entertaining or gifts. Cadbury mini eggs are the house favourite, so both the cookies and leftover eggs disappear in record time. We also tried Smarties mini eggs but I found them to be a bit too large.
I prefer peanut butter no-bake cookies to chocolate, as it makes them look more like nests.
Peanut Butter Bird Nests No-Bake Recipe for Easter
3 cups sugar
1 cup margarine
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups peanut butter
3-4 cups oatmeal
1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- Combine milk, sugar and margarine in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stirring continuously, bring to a rapid boil and maintain for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and peanut butter until melted.
- Mix in oatmeal and coconut (you may prefer more or less oatmeal).
- Quickly drop large spoonsful onto waxed paper.
- Quickly press in 2-3 Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Cool until set.
They set fast so move as quickly as you can! These cookies freeze well, but if your family is anything like mine you won’t have to worry about long-term storage.
✔ You may also be interested in reading:
Food Preservation Guide – Getting Started
Light Turkey or Chicken Ranch Bake
Traditional Irish Canadian Food for St. Patrick’s Day
© CanadianFamily.net – Content on this website may not be used elsewhere without expressed permission. Thank you for respecting the effort that we have put into our original content.
DISCLOSURE: We may receive compensation for links to products on this website. We are participants in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.ca.